You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : September 1999

Re: Sri Nigamanta Mahadesika: Biography

From: Lakshmi Srinivas (lsrinivas_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 11:11:37 PDT

That was a wonderful and indeed inspiring synopsis of
Sri Desikar's life.

Now I have a question re Sri Desikar's successors -
what might be called a genealogical question. Did Sri
NainArAchAryar have a son or did Sri Desikar himself
have male relatives on his father's line?

In other words, is there a vamsAvaLi of Sri Desikar
available down to the present day? I have seen one of
Sri EngaL ALvAn who is Sri NaDAdur AmmAL's acharya.

I would appreciate any pointers that the bhaktas may
choose to provide.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

LS