You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : September 1998

purAna and the sibling ideal- Part 4

From: sudarshan (lucasfie_at_md2.vsnl.net.in)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 09:59:50 PDT

Dear bhAgavatOttamA-s,
In Act 2 Scene 1 of our little "purAni-c" play that Parameshwara and
Parvati staged, we have a third character making his entry.

Watching "ambA", Goddess Parvati's plight as an earthly destitute, Her
brother Lord Narayana was moved beyond tears to great and unbearable
sadness. His heart simply broke seeing His sister "driven out" by the
"irascible brother-in-law from Kailasa". It pained Vishnu no end to see his
beloved sibling  wandering on earth as a bovine delinquent....

So what did the brother Vishnu do next?
We'll find out in the next post.

adiyEn,
sudarshan