HH's visit to Sanskrit Academy and viewing of Ramanuja CD

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 26, 1998

>Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 11:17:09 +0530 (IST)

Dear BhakthAs : I am pleased to share with you
a private note from Professor M.Alwar of Anantha
Research Foundation , who has been interfacing with
us and coordinating the AchArya RaamAnujA CD ROM
Project with the talentd team at Mysore/Bangalore .

I am thrilled to know that our efforts have come to
Fruition at the birth place of Adhi VaNN SatakOpa Jeeyar
in presence of H.H. the current Jeeyar , who has now given
us his auspicious blessings for the project .Thanks to every
one of you , who have made it possible to create this
extended CD ROM and move this project to this point .

It is not too late for you to join in to support
this Kaimkaryam for reaching out to the world of
Sri Vaishnavas as per the noble and
illustrious guidance of the present pontiff of
Sri Ahobila Mutt , Srimath VedamArga PrathishtApanAchArya ,
Paramahamsa ParivrAjakAchArya , Sarvatanthra SvathanthrObhaya ,
VedanthAchArya , Sri Bhagavadh RaamAnuja SiddhAntha NirdhAraNa
Saaravbhouma , Sri Lakshmi Nrusimha Divya PaadukhA sevaka ,
SriVaNN SatakOpa Sri NaraayaNa YathIndra MahA Desikan .
I am sure that H.H. the Parakala Matam Jeeyar ,
H.H. The VaanamAmalai Jeeyar , H.H. The Poundarikapuram
Jeeyar , H.H. The Srirangam PeriyAndavan Jeeyar
and all the other yathi srEshtAs will support this
Kaimkaryam to reach out to Sri VaishNavAs of all
generations allover the world .

What we are left with is to raise 10K$ more
to complete this MahA Kaimkaryam and place the CD ROM
at the feet of Sriman NaarAyaNA and Bhagavadh RaamAnujA .
Please contact me , if you wish join in this Kaimkaryam,
lend your support and bring the Kaimkaryam to completion
and reach out to the world of Sri VaishNavaas with
the messeage of AchArya RaamAnuja .

Looking forward to reciving additional
inputs from Sri Alwar regarding the celebrations
of Adhi VaNN SatakOpa Jeeyar's birthday this
Sunday .

Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan

( Attachment ):
>From: "M.A.alwar ph 3444975 malleswaram"
>To: sgopan@computer.net
>Subject: HH's visit to Sanskrit Academy and viewing of Ramanuja CD
>
>Respected Sir,

>Yesterday (i.e) on the 26th of September, HH the Azhagiya Singar's visit to
>the Sanskrit Academy at Melkote was organised.

>The Jeeyar arrived at the premises of the Academy at around 4.45 pm local
>time to a grand pporna kumbha swaagatam with mangala vaadyams etc. HH was
>taken around the campus, the museum , the library etc. before HH arrived
>at the computer section.

>HH first saw the programs developed for Sanskrit by the Sanskrit
>Academy.  He then had a long view of the Ramanuja CD ROM. Though there
>was a slight technical snag, HH was able to grasp the concept very well.
>The concepts of Multi-media, interactive communications etc. were briefly
>explained to HH as this was the first time HH was seeing a computer
>program as well as a Multi-Media presentation.
>
>Afterwards, when HH was requested to adress the gathering, HH profusely
>lauded the efforts of the Sanskrit Academy in general and especially
>referring to the medium of computers, said that these efforts are to be
>supported by all means.  HH made references to many aspects of our
>Sampradayam and said that this is a universal Sampradayam and efforts are
>to be done to also show that it is universal.  HH also promised to give
>all help from His side for the same.

>I will give more details about HH's visit to Melkote where the
>celebrations are in full swing to commemorate the 600th birthday of
>Sri Adivan Satakopa Mahaadesikan, in a couple of days. I also have
>photos of HH viewing the CD which I will send as attachments
>in due course.

V.Sadagopan