Re:Insecticide?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 22, 1998

Sri:

Dearest Sri Mani,

Your dilemma, and feeling pity for the insects is a true trait of a
vaishnava. In fact NampiLLai's eedu vyAkhyAnam also says thus: "Whether
one possesses VaishNavathvam or not is known explicitly by his feelings.
When he sees others' sorrows/pains, and he melts at that, it implies
that there is a bhagawath sambhandham.

My AchAryA Srimad Poundareekapuram ANdavan too never allows sishyas to
beat or kill a creature or snake when spotted in the ashramam. He simply
lets it go.

Sri Mohan Sagar has said it very aptly. Leave alone this. We are
removing the insects from thuLasi and Rose for offering to PerumAL only.
But can be said about killing Cockroaches, mosquitoes? Are we allowed to
kill them with insecticides? Is that creature does not have Emperumaan
as an antharyaami? I am equally perplexed. I have perhaps added
confounded your confusions.

Ram Ram

With Best Regards

NarayaNa dAsan madhavakkannan