" taittiriiyOpanishhat "

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 19, 1998

>From: "Manjunath Ramasubbiah"
>To: abhyankn@ug2.plk.af.mil, sohum@pop.uky.edu
>Cc: manjurn@hotmail.com, vaidya@purdue.edu, sgopan@computer.net
>Subject: taittiriiyopanishhat
>Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:32:09 PDT
>
>Hari Om to all
>
>I am looking for translations/commentaries on taittiriiyopanishhat.
>Please point any resources..
>
>thanks and regards
>manjunath
Dear Sri Ramasubbiah :
Thanks very much for your note.
The advaithic intrepretation can be
found in " Discourses on Taittiriya Upanishad "
by Swami Chinmayanada(Chinmaya Publications Trust,
175 Rasappa Chetty St, Chennai: 1980).

The VisishtAdvaithic intrepretation would be
in " Upanishad Saaram " published by the Late
UttamUr VeerarAgavAcchAr Swami : 3rd Edition : 1970)
It may be available at VisishtAdvaitha Research center ,
Chennai .

Sri Ramanuja on Upanishads by the late Prof.
M. Rangacharya may be available at
Prof.M.RangachArya Memorial Trust , 41 Sunkuwar St ,
Triplicane , Chennai 600005

Sir S.RadhA KrishNan and others have covered it
in their commentaries on Upanishads as well.
Hope this helps .

By the copy of the note , I am requesting
my fellow members of the Bhakthi lists to
offer any suggestions to locate this commentary
in USA Book Stores that they may know about .
Best wishes ,
V.Sadagopan
P.S : I hope to write about the VisishtAdvaidhic
Intrepretation of the Major Upanishads some time in
the near future in Bhakthi List or in SaraNAgathi
electronic Jouranl .