You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : September 1998

Re: Digest bhakti.v003.n095

From: T.V.Venkatesh (tvv_at_sanmargroup.com)
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 21:56:25 PDT

On 19.09.98
Sri Krishnamachari wrote

> 374. amitASanah - a) The voracious Eater.
> 		b) He who gives unlimited supply of food to His creations.
>

> SrI Sankara interprets the nAma in terms of His swallowing the whole
> Universe at the time of praLaya.

adiyen have a question. Is there no poorvAchAryAs of Sri Vaishnava
Sampradhayam who has interpreted in a similar vein. Nammazhwar
glorifies this name in his ThiruvAimozhi "ulagam uNda peruvAyA.." and
Thirumangai AzhwAr in this Peria Thirumozhi in 10 pAsurams starting
with "mainninRa karungadal vai.....".

I request all the great scholars in our list to enlighten adiyEn.

adiyEn RAmAnuja dAsan

Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh
Regards

T.V.Venkatesh