Re: adaikkala patthu verse translation wanted

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 10, 1998

At 01:45 AM 9/11/98 -0000, you wrote:

>Dear Bhaktas,
>
>I have heard this verse of Vedanta Desika's
>often. It is very appealing to the ear by
>virtue of its alliteration and internal rhyme.
>Could someone give me a translation?
>
>thirumakaLun^ thiruvadivun^ thiruvaruLun^ theLLarivu
>marumaiyilaa maiyumuRavu maLappariya vadiyarasuNG
>karumamazhip paLippamaippuNG kalakkamilaa vakain^inRa
>varuL varathar nilaiyilakki lampenan^aa NnamizhnthEnE.
>
>Thanking you in advance,
>
>iraamaanusa daasan
>Mani

Dear Sri Mani Varadarajan :

I have translated the ten verses of Adaikkalap Patthu
few months ago and it is available in SaraNAgathi
Journal issues 1.10 and 1.11 .The introduction to
this prabhandham is also there . The archives of
SaraNAgathi Journal houses that short translation .
Much can be written about each of these ten Paasurams,
which are  the echoes of NyAsa Dasakam .

V.Sadagopan