Re: Pancha Sooktham recitation

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 9, 1998

On Wed, Sep 09, 1998 at 06:49:37AM -0700, muralidhar rangaswamy wrote:
> It is absolutely not true that the Narayana Upanishad has no place
> in temple rituals. Such authoritative statements without facts to
> back them up are at best misleading.

Murali,

My apologies if I was mistaken in my statement.
Can you clarify where the nArAyaNa upanishad is
in regular use in temple ritual?

My impression was that other than in the
"mantra pushpam", Vedic recitation in Vaishnava temples
is almost exclusively from the Yajur Veda.  Pancaratra
temple priests are generally required to be from Yajur Veda.

Mani