A request to all Bhakti Members ... Technical but very short !

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 15, 1997

Due certain bugs in some configurations of Database based Messaging and
IMAP mail systems such as Lotus Notes and Oracle InterOffice, messages
sent through List Servers such as "Bhakti@lists.best.com" list the list
name in the "From:".  For example- email sent through the Bhakti list
always comes to me as the following header suggests:

>From:     V. Sadagopan
>To:       bhakti@lists.best.com
>Subject:  Sri DehaLIsa Sthuthi --Part 7( second to Fourth SlOkam )
>Sender:   bhakti-errors@lists.best.com

As you see here I have no way of communicating with Mr. V. Sadagopan if
I already did not have his email address, since I use one of these
database based messaging systems. I have not been able to retrieve the
addresses of the contributors in my emails.

Therefore I request all of you to kindly SIGN OFF WITH YOUR EMAIL
ADDRESSES at the bottom of your mail, so if necessary there is no
difficulty in contacting a person off line through personal messages.

This is not difficult to do and can be easily done by adding a signature
file in any of your favorite browsers/email packages or unix shell
accounts.  I have registered the bug with Oracle and hope there is a
resolution some time soon.  In the meantime, I would appreciate if the
members of this community would adhere to this request.

Thank you

adiyEn
Raja Krishnasamy
raja@cyberdude.com