Re: Sri Venkateswara Karavalamba Stotram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 21, 1996

On Fri, 20 Sep 1996, MR MOHAN R SAGAR wrote:

> have grown to very much enjoy the poetry of Sri Annamacharya.  I am
> almost certain that the learned sage was intending to propogate the
> teachings or our Sampradayam in his works.  However, I have read some
> recently written briefs of Sri Annamacharya's life, and found little,
> if any, written in regard to his connection to SriVaishnavism.  I

The Tirupati Devasthanam recently sponsored a research project on
Annamacharya by one Dr. Chandrasekhar of Mysore. This book was reviewd by
Pappu Venugopala Rao in the magazine Sruti, published from Madras. From
what I remember of the review, the author has analyzed Annamacharya's
compositions with respect to Sri Vaishnava philosophy.

The publication details are:

Chandrasekhara, H. L.
 Shri Annamacharya, a philosophical study : nature of reality and the
 individual self according to Annamacharya / H.L. Chandrasekhara.  1st ed.
   Mysore : Vidyashankara Prakashana, 1990.

Another publication on Annamacharya is:

Ramakrsnaravu, Adapa, 1927-
 Annamacharya / Adapa Ramakrishna Rao.  New Delhi : Sahitya Akademi, 1989.
     Series title:  Makers of Indian literature.

Of course, there are many other kinds of books which have notations of
Annamacharya's kirtanas.

S. Vidyasankar