Re: Opening of Vishnu Sahasranamam...

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 19, 2002

Sri:

Dear Sri Krishnan:

This is a common misconception....
Pls. see the translation of the first two verses:
http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/mar96/0037.html

While it true that the deity in the Chembur Temple is indeed
"eka-dantha" vinayakar (naivedyam is not offered to all except
this deity) and not Vishwaksenar/ Gajananar nita-soori ,
this may not be the right forum to debate the
reasons why it is so.

Very often the planning of temples are "influenced" more by
the local donors rather than the appropriate
religious authorities.

daasan,
-Shreyas

--- In bhakti-list@y..., Shreekrishna  Akilesh  wrote:
> Dear Sri Vaishnavas,
>
> Everyone is quite familiar with the opening lines of Vishnu
Sahasranamam,
> which is a salutary verse to Lord Ganesha. The role of Lord Ganesha
isn't
> quite clear to me, especially when it comes to the tradition of Sri
> Ramanuja. I have lived in Bombay for many years, and I visited the
Ahobila