Re: [sv-rituals] Re: prAnAyAmam - one more time

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 10, 2002

Dear ShrI Mani:

My intention was not to elicit an apology from you or anything like that. It
was not necessary.  All I was pointing out was that my perception on the
matter is quite different.

I enjoyed your preface to the proposed Sandhyavandana article.  Once again I
should point out that I greatly enjoy your writings (even if I don't agree
with the viewpoints expressed, which happens rarely though).

S. Vijayaraghavan
Buffalo, NY

>From: "mani2"
>To: sv-rituals@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [sv-rituals] Re: prAnAyAmam - one more time
>Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 21:09:39 -0000
>
>Dear Sri Vijayaraghavan,
>
>I should hasten to say that I shouldn't have written
>so broadly. Of course Navalpakkam Swami and others
>were extremely dedicated and thorough in their anushthanam.
>I am sure there are many other stalwarts in this day
>who maintain such dedication. Yet in my experience
>I find the general desire to learn Vedas properly, adhere
>to nitya-karmas, observe Ekadashi, etc., less among
>our lay adherents than say in the smArta and mAdhva communities
>among those who are religious-minded. This of course is
>purely anecdotal and may be far from the truth. I am
>very happy if the truth is different from my perception.
>
>Once again I apologize for the broad statement.
>
>Regards,
>Mani

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.