[sv-rituals] Re: prAnAyAmam - one more time

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 9, 2002

Dear Sri Vijayaraghavan,

I should hasten to say that I shouldn't have written
so broadly. Of course Navalpakkam Swami and others
were extremely dedicated and thorough in their anushthanam.
I am sure there are many other stalwarts in this day
who maintain such dedication. Yet in my experience
I find the general desire to learn Vedas properly, adhere
to nitya-karmas, observe Ekadashi, etc., less among
our lay adherents than say in the smArta and mAdhva communities
among those who are religious-minded. This of course is
purely anecdotal and may be far from the truth. I am
very happy if the truth is different from my perception.

Once again I apologize for the broad statement.

Regards,
Mani

--- In sv-rituals@y..., "Vijayaraghavan Srinivasan"
 wrote:
> Dear S/Shri Mani & Balaji:
>
> I don't think Mani's observations are correct.  My experience is
different.
> Many SrI VaishnavAs go to great lengths for proper pronunciation
and proper
> performance of rituals.  The great leaders usually determine the
standards
> for a particular group.  NavalpAkkam Swamigal and other SrI
Vaishnava
> SwAmigals have indeed lived a near-perfect life as per the vedic
traditions.
>   Also I would like to quote another example:  In my classes a
number of
> people that include smArtAs & MadhwAs I have seen Sri VaishnavAs
making a
> special effort to learn it correctly.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.