[sv-rituals] Re: Dharma Sutras online

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 6, 2002

There is a text called vaidyanAtha dixitiiyam, which is revered and
followed by smArta-s. This text puts together views of various
smritis and dharma shaastra-s on different topics.  Abridged version
of this text with the name "samxepa dharma shaastram" was published
sometime back under the command of kAnchi mahA periyava and it is
being sold for Rs 35 in Madras (at a highly subsidized price). It has
the sanskrit original and tamil translation. It is also available
online at

http://acharya.iitm.ac.in/mirrors/vv/dsint.html

I have not browsed the site, as I have the printed edition. You need
their fonts etc. to view the text. There is a section in the book
called aahnika dharma prakaraNam which touches on topics like
sandhyopaasana. This book is wonderful summary and a reference on
various aspects of dharma.

This online work was undertaken by vidyavrikshah.org in Chennai,
India.

Just FYI. I was told that this book is accepted by [at least some]
shrii vaishhNava-s as a source for reference.

Ravi

www.ambaa.org
www.advaita-vedanta.org

--- In sv-rituals@y..., "mani2"  wrote:

> The principal Dharma Sutras, including the Apastamba,
> Bodhayana, and Vaikhanasa, are available in transliteration
> at:
>
> ftp://ccftp.kyoto-su.ac.jp/pub/doc/sanskrit/dharmas/
>
> This site also has many other Sanskrit texts available.
>
> The Apastamba Dharma Sutra is available in English at:
>
> http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sla/index.htm
>
> Be forewarned: you may be astounded at how primitive
> and non-spiritual many of the thoughts contained therein
> are!
>
> There is a site which presents Vedic rituals from the
> Iyer/smArta perspective at:
>
> http://www.tamiliyers.com/rituals/main.asp

-- SrImatE rAmAnujAya namaH --