Re: [sv-rituals] Other Utsavams in Thiruvallikeni

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 24, 2002

Sri Parthasarathi thunai
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Dear Smt Mayuravalli,
  You have rightly put. The name was ofcourse derived
only from the alwar's paasuram but not in present day
use. Since the postings were read by many who doesn't
know much about Thiruvallikeni I had to mention the
name more common in use. Anyway adiyen do accepts the
fact that atleast we Srivaishnavites should follow the
alwar paasurams and will assure you that i will do so
in the future.
Thanks for your note

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasyai
Sumithra Varadarajan.

--- Mayuravalli Mukunthan
wrote:
> Dear Ms. Varadarajan,
> Your postings on Sri Parthasarathy's annual utsavam
> was very informative.I am sure you must have enjoyed
> the utsavam many times. In your posting you have
> mentioned Thulasinga Perumal street. This should be
> Thelliya Singa Perumal street as the name was
> derived
> from Tirumangai Mannan's Tiruvalikeni pAsuram (
> thelliya singamAgiya dEvai thiruvalikeni kandenE).
> Of
> course the original name has been forgotten by the
> municipal authorities. But atleast all the
> Srivaishnavas can refer to the original name which
> has
> come from the incomparable Divya Prabhandam.
> Thanks again for a nice posting.
>
> Adiyen Ramanuja Dasyai
> Mayuravalli

http://games.yahoo.com/