You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : Rituals: April 2002

RE: [sv-rituals] ACHARYA UTSAVAM IN THIRUVALLIKENI

From: sumithra varadarajan (sumivaradan_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 14:18:56 PDT

Sri Parthasarathi thunai
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Dear Sri Srinivasa Raghavan,
  Your question is correct.  Even I have wondered many
a times why this practice is there. Actually
Ranganathar and Ramar Sannadhis are inside and Sri
Ramanujar doesn't visit those sannadhi's to do
Mangalasasanam.  But he does Mangalaasasanam to Sri
Ranganatha and Sri Vedavalli Thayar on the Panguni
Utthram day when Perumal and Thayar are together.
I will try to get more details from learned scholars
of Thiruvallikeni and tell you more.

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasyai
sumithra varadarajan.

--- csrinivasaraghavan@yahoo.com wrote:
> Does not Swami perform mangalasananam for Lord
> Ranganatha, as you have not
> mentioned His sannidhi ?  It is Lord Ranganathan who
> was everything to him.
> It is the Divya Dampathigal who heard his Gadhya
> Thrayam and was duly
> authenticated with questions and answers.
>
> srinivasa raghavan

http://games.yahoo.com/

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.