Re: [sv-poetry] Slogams on Lord SriRenganatha.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 2, 2002

Dear SrI Ramesh:

Regarding additional sthOthrams that you requested
about Lord Ranganatha , the following should be added
to your list of the three gadhyams, RanganAthAshtakam
and RanganAtha SthOthram , here is an expanded list :

1.Swamy Desikan's Bhagavath DhyAna SopAnam

2. Swamy Desikan's AbhIthi Sthavam

3. Swamy Desikan's DasAvathAra SthOthram
(The First slOkma starts , Swamy Desikan says:
"Labdha nirbhara rasai: RangE DhAmani adhyakshitha:
Deva:" meaning " The Lord of SrIranga KshEtram
has been experienced by the rasikAs with poorNa
aanandham as the One , who incarnated in the ten
avathArams ( includes the future avathAram of Kalki).
Therefore , it is fine to include this as asthOthram
on Lord RanganAthan.This was composed at DasAvathAra
Sannidhi of SrIrangam.

4. Swamy Desikan's NyAsa Tilakam aimed at
Lor dRanganAthan.

5. The huge "RangarAja Sthavam " of Swamy
ParAsara Bhattar .You have already included
his "RanganAtha SthOthram".
6-9: RanganAtha  SuprabhAdham , SthOthram , MangaLam and
Prapatthi by Aasu kavi KidAmbi T. Govinda Iyengar of
SrI VilliputthUr.

10. Thirumanjana Kattiyam of Lord RanganAthA
by Swamy ParAsara Bhattar.

11. SrI RanganAtha PaadhukA Sahasram (RPS)of Swamy Desikan
(1008 Verses). Since you are at SrIrangam , You may wish to
attend the forthcoming UpanyAsam on RPS by PoundarIkapuram
Aandavan at His Aasramam on Sunday, April 7 at 7 PM.

12. Swamy Desikan's Dhivya Desa MangaLAsAsanam
The First of the five slOkams is about Lord RanganAthan.

Hope this helps.

V.Sadagopan

At 08:55 AM 4/2/02 -0000, you wrote:

>Hello,
>    Namaskaram to all members. I am RAMESH.V from SRIRANGAM.(from the
>the holy feet of lord Sri Renganatha)
>I am a MBA student. I am very happy to join this group.
>
>I need the sanskrit slogams on Lord SriRenganatha.
>(in print format or audio cassette)
>Already I am having the Srirenganatha gadyam , Srirenganatha astagam,
>Srirenganatha stothram.
>
> Is there any other sanskrit slogams based on Lord SriRenganatha?.
>

> Yours friendly,
> RAMESH.V
> SRIRANGAM.

Buy Stock for $4.