FW: Re : Our Original Position

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 29, 1999

-----Original Message-----
From:	HRID [SMTP:hrid@ivs.edu]
Sent:	Thursday, October 07, 1999 9:33 AM
To:	kkalale1@san.rr.com
Cc:	'HRID'
Subject:	RE: Re : Our Original Position

Dear Krishna Prasada,
	Thank you for your letter. Here are my comments.

>I would like to know who are meant by "those who are comin down to the
>material world"?  whoever they may be, they are definitely not coming due
>to karma or even their choice.  It is purely because to serve sriKrishna or
>due to Sri Krishna's orders to be carried out in this world.

	Isn't this begging the question. You are simply affirming the
very point under debate.
	I am somewhat bewildered by the long quote you gave from
Baladeva, since this point repeatedly states the same thing I have
stated: that the Lord creates the world with perfect regard to karma.

>There is no doubt
>that Sridharaswami's commentary is excellent,  However,  Sridharaswami is a
>staunch follower of Sri Sankara's advaita philosophy.

	Neither Vaishnavs, nor academic scholars, believe this. Lord
Caitanya took sannyas from a Mayavad sampradaya, but He is hardly a
Mayavad.

With best wishes,
Hridayananda das Goswami