Re: Sri Manavala Mamuni's Works

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 20, 1999

Dear Sriman Bharat : I am delighted to receive your note.
Untilnow adiyEn did not have the BhAgyam of reading
the full text of the Moving Aarthi prabhandham of
Sri MaNavALa MaamunigaL .AdiyEn was aware of
bits and pieces from this marvellous Prabhandham .

After I received your note , adiyEn had access to
the Full text with the help of Sri VenaktEsah
Elayavalli through the remarable home pages of
Sri vaishNavA Universe that he maintains with
such devotion and care .

AdiyEn was immensely moved by the NaicchAnusandhAnam
of this great AchAryA , His total devotion for
Acharya RaamAnujA and his soul stiriing plea as
an Aarthi prapannA . AdiyEn said to myself ,
what a durbhAgyam it was to have been ignorant
about this timeless prabhandham .

As pointed out by yourself , the Tamil poetic meters
chosen for the Paasurams ( nErisai VeNNpaa ,
yeNN sIrAsiriya Viruttham ,KattaLaik KalitthuRai ,
PathinAnku sIrAsiriya Viruttham,
Panniru sIrkkazhi NedilAsiriya Viruttham and
YeNN sIrkkazhi nedilAsiriya Viruttham )
fit so very well with the increasing mood
of Aarthi and despair to receive the anugraham
of AchArya RaamAnujA .Sri MM is an embodiment of
Achaarya Bhakthi . His NaicchAnusandhAnam is indeed
our NithyAnusandhAnam as pointed out by yourself
so very precisely .

AdiyEn knows that Sri Anbil Ramaswamy is preparing
an article on this prabhandham for the Souvenir of
'the forthcoming celebrations of Sri ManavALa Maamuni's
Thirunakshathram at the Livermore temple ( Nov 13-14).
AdiyEn  very much looks forward to reading the text
of that article prior to adding adiyEn's anubhavam .
AdiyEn has also requested Sri  Thirumalai AanathanpiLLai
Srinivasan of Kaanchipuram , a devout scholar of
Sri maNavAla Maamuni's prabhandhams to bless us with
a posting on Aarthi prabhandham.

With Best wishes,
adiyEn , V.Sadagopan