You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : October 1998

Re: Vibhishana Saranagati -- a query

From: Mohan Sagar (msagar_at_worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Oct 10 1998 - 14:20:06 PDT

This really is a very interesting question, and I hope that it will
generate some interesting discussion on the subtle nuances of prapatti as
illustrated in Srimad Ramayanam.

I do know of one popularly held belief among SriVaishnavas in Andhra, but
am not sure whether it has been confirmed by our AchAryans.  This belief
holds that since he sent his daughter Trijata to care for Sita Piratti in
the ashOka vanam, Vibheeshanar indirectly performed kainkaryam to Her first
before performing prapatti to Perumal.

I look forward to further discussion on this very interesting topic.

dAsan,

Mohan