Re: Introduction of new member: Digest bhakti.v002.n346

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 26, 1997

  Dear Bhakti  Group Members ,

     Namo NArAyanA. Kindly accept adiyens pranAmams .

	I have become  a new member to Bhakti list.  I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Raghavan.  I hail from a Sri Vaishnavite KshEtram called
TirukkaNNamangai.	My family consists of my wife, Saroja and  two sons
(30 and 20 years respectively).  Our elder son got married recently.

I used to attend temple Utsavams in Tirukkannamangai, Ariyakkudi
(Then Tirupati), Sivaganga, Tirunangur and in Madras (Sri Kodanda
Ramaswamy Koil, West Mambalam).  I have  received instructions in
Desika StotrAs, Pancha SUkthams, NAlayiar Divaya Prabhandam etc.,
from my maternal grandfather.

I am a chemist by profession and employed in a pharmaceutical com-
pany headquartered in the Chicago Area in Illinois.

Between 1988 and 1991, I was activelyinvolved as the religious committee
 chairman of Sri Balaji Temple in
Aurora, IL.  We have introduced Prabhanda PArAyanam in almost all
events similar to in many Sri Vaishanavite KshEtrAs including Tirupati.

I am an active and participating devotee, but I do not hold any
official position in the temple at present. I am  inviting  Sri
Vaishanavas to participate in the following program since
it will be a joy and an exteremlely pleasant experience to every
Sri Vaishana. This is regarding Sri VEnkatEsa Abhishekam event in the temple
every First Sunday.  It is a pleasure to witness and participate.  The
function is well attended, usually between 350 and 500 people par-
ticipate and be blessed by Lord Venkateswara.  The program starts
at 10 AM with KshEEra GhatOtsvam to the chanting of Sirsuktham,
followed by PunyAhavachanam, AbhishEkam to the chanting of
Purusha SUkhtam, TaitrEya Upanishad by more than 10 Sri Vaishnavites
and others. This is then followed by NEErAttam, and Utsavakkattiyam
written specifically for Balaji temple at Aurora IL.  The AbhishEkam
is completed to the chanting of VishnusUktham and the temple doors
are closed for AlankAram during which an able group of women lead
the BhajanGhosti.  After the AlankAram the door is open with Aarati,
followed by Mantrapushpam, Archana, Sattumurai commencing with RAmAnjua
DayApAtram and SarvadEsa DasAkAlE.  The event concludes at
about 1:30 pm to the chanting of  Sri Desika mangalam and
benediction (VrishsailAdhipatha Eva Daivatam Naha)  by the priests.

Raghavan.

This
pating in