You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : October 1997

RE: Fwd: About GOD & GODDESS

From: Mohan Sagar (msagar_at_worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 21:09:18 PDT

>> I am not able to answer to questions raised by my American friends how come
>> god has Sri devi and Bhu devi as wife. Also Padmavathi and Andal. I gave an
>> answer has they are all one GODDESS with different avathars. IS this
>> correct?... Hidhu devotee...

This is generally the answer I give my own western friends who ask me the
same question. I seem to recall reading somewhere, though, that the twin
thayArs who always stand with the utsavar of Perumal are analagous and
perhaps "representative" of the twin-fold path of Ubhaya vEdAnta that we
follow.   Unfortunately, I am unable to recall where I had read this.  I
leave it to the more erudite members of this forum to confirm whether this
is true.

adiyEn,

Mohan