You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : October 1996

RE: Varnashrama & Brahminism

From: Krishna Kalale (kkalale_at_qualcomm.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 1996 - 12:31:22 PDT

I verified atleast the "hearing" part of the issue.  I think yes in the
apasudradhikarana it is probably stated that Sudra cannot hear vedas.

I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST THE MEMBERS TO ATLEAST TAKE THE CONVERSATION TO A
SUB-GROUP or OFF LINE IN THE INTEREST OF NOT PROVIDING THE REST - A COMPLETE
DIGESTED PICTURE

Yes there is a controversy and it appears deplorable. Since all Major
acharyas who have explained this issue sort of agree, there should be a
reason beyond our intellectual and emotional level for such a commentary and
smriti vakya.

I would feel that all of us should stop arguing about this on-line and look
at it in private sub-group

Dasan Krishna Kalale
Krishna Kalale
619-658-5612 (phone)