You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : October 1995

Re: Origin of Sri Venkatesha

From: K. Srinivasan (srini_at_ireq.hydro.qc.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 25 1995 - 13:26:05 PDT

>>>     SaaRRumuRai sEvai is an everyday thing.  The only free sEvai
>>>     where you can stand within 10 feet of the Lord for
>>>     about ten minues without any "jerugandi" shouted at you.
>>>     Only for men though :-(.
>

>>>-- Dileepan
>
>I agree with Dileepan.  Saathumurai sEvai is an everyday thing.   I enjoyed
>having darshan of Lord Venkateswara for ten minutes on two consecutive days.
>I cannot forget those moments in my life.
>
>Ramagopal

Could some veteran please post about the best "way" to visit thiru vEngadam today?
Best day of the week, Best time, where to stay etc.

Going with the TTDC/ITDC tourist bus for the "jargandi" dharshanam is
not quite satisfying. I was told the walk up the hill is a lot more satisfying,
even if you miss the "jargandi" dharshanam.

Srinivasan K