(no subject)

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 25, 1995

Subject: P.B.Annangaraachariar

Mani Varadarajan wrote:

> Sri P.B. Anna is the ancestor of Kanchi P.B. Annangarachariar,
> a great acharya of modern times who has published many
> granthas of the sampradaya.

I have had the fortune of living just 4/5 houses away from his house in Kanchipuram
while I was young.
I still remember his glowing face . He never missed the goshti and was the
'thodakkam' (person who begins the goshti) always.
He replied to every letter that he got and he always used to encourage small children
to learn 'naalaayiram'.
He has written numerous books on nalayiram. Most of the current
books on naalaayiram with interpretations have been written by him.

In Kanchipuram, we always used to refer to him as 'swami'. Even now, in Kanchipuram,
'Swami' means P.B.Annangaraachariar. His thirunakhsathiram is celebrated every year
now.

As an aside, the reason that Anna got the title Prativaadhi Bayangaram was that
he won a debate with someone. If someone knows more about the debate that he won,
please pass on the information.

Varadhan