Venkateswara Suprapadham

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 24, 1995

>From: krish
>
>A translation is available from the Pittsbugh Temple. They
>published it a few years ago.
>The translation may not have the charm of the sonorous
>and captivating sound. The words were chosen for that pupose
>and the prayers relied on the particular property of
>rhythmic chanting. My wife a Finn is particularly lost in
>the chant and when I translate the words, we seem to
>lose the beauty.

There are Tamil translations of Venkatesa Suprabhatham as well as
Vishnu Sahasranamam by Prof. Parthasarathy (Musicologist)
of Madras University. Both have been rendered by M.S.Subbalakmi.
The meters are followed religiously. The words are well chosen
and sound quite good.
The language used is Modern Sanskritized common usage Tamil.
Not Azhvaar Tamil.

Srinivasan K