You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : October 1995

Venkateswara Suprapadham

From: krish (krish_at_astro.ge.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 1995 - 11:10:20 PDT

A translation is available from the Pittsbugh Temple. They
published it a few years ago.
The translation may not have the charm of the sonorous
and captivating sound. The words were chosen for that pupose
and the prayers relied on the particular property of
rhythmic chanting. My wife a Finn is particularly lost in
the chant and when I translate the words, we seem to
lose the beauty. Chatur-buja is more dramatic than
four-handed one. Krishna  a decendant of P.B. Anna,
the composer of Suprabhatham ).