RE: Gita class

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 5, 1995

----------
From: 	Parthasarati Dileepan
Sent: 	Friday, 6 October 1995
1:26
To: 	prapatti@srirangam.esd.sgi.com
Subject: 	Gita class

My
answer is a guarded yes.  Two points:

[1] This e-mail group is called
'Bhakthi/Prapatti.'
    Therefore, any interpretation put forth must be

consistent with that theme.  Discussion about
    other interpretations must
be in the light of why
    they are wrong and why our way is right.
    For
open debate one must go to Alt.Religion.Vaishnava,
    or Soc.Religion.Hindu
or some such open forum.
    Those who think they are open-minded don't jump
    conclusions; I think there are enough people here
    wanting to
learn more about sri vaishnavam.  For
    such a group a no-holds-barred
debate will be of
    little value. An upanyasam style class with one

teacher is the best format.  Later on we can organize
    debates with other
schools of thought for the pupils
    to form a more critical understanding.

[2] My knowledge level is extremely rudementary.  It is not
    correct
to use the word Pundit and my name in the same
    sentence, to put it
mildly.  Be assured that I am not
    saying this out of false modesty.  I
will be an eager student.

-- Dileepan

I wholeheartedly agree with
these sentiments.  I would like to hear the Srivaishnavam side of things.  I
have more than enough Geetas and commentaries by other camps but none by
Srivaishnavas.

Kindest regards
Ramadas