RE: /cinnaJ/ciRu kAlE: Shri Harikrishnan's and Shri Vasudevan's c omments

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 3, 2002

Dear sri vaishnava perunthagaiyeer,

When sri hari krishnan and sri nanmaran has pointed these grammar points
they are good points for me to learn, for, as I said earlier, I am not good
at tamil grammar.

It is seen that suddenly Sri nanmaran wants to give a list of things of "do
not do".

I am pained very much.

As though some body has accused of aandaal being an immature etc, when he
adds "She was not a amateur poet to put wrong words and allow us to modify
later. Please note there is no one unwanted word put and no one wanted word
missed out in the pasurams. That is why even the great manavaaLa maamuni has
sung in praise of her as anjukudikoru santhathiyaay, aazhwaar thancheyalai
vinji nirkum thanmaiyalaai, pinjil pazhuthaaLai, aandaaLai bakthiyudan
naaLum vazhuthaai manamE magizhnthu.. Let us leave our EGO aside and try to
see the elixir of aandaaL's pasurams.".

Even a simple following of the posts does not hint that somebody has done
that.

Furthermore, what ever discussion takes place, it is on the interpretations
ONLY  repeat interpretations ONLY

and

NOT, repeat NOT touching the paasuram for its original content.

Let us understand this first.

So where is the question of  modifying the paasuram or accusing aaNdaaL.

Just as a sort of points [about the freedom in thinking and enjoying new
anubhavams about which Sri Mani has already added] when a different thing is
said, let us have it, analyse it and then reject it, if it is found wanting
in many aspects, instead of shutting saying enough is said about this
already .

Then I do not know what research is - please elucidate me - for I am only an
engineering person that too moderately read in engg also - in particular on
Srivaishnavam and conducting courses for BA, MA, or PHD in sri vaishnavam on
which there is a spate of mails in the different lists.

Dhasan

Vasudevan  m.g.

[ A request to the Moderator - If you want to allow this to appear in the
list, please do so. Otherwise you can delete also].