Fwd: Thuppul Nityardhanam Trust - Why sponsor nityardhanam and annadan am ??? By Shathakopa Thathacharya

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 23, 2001

Dear Bhagavatas:
Please find enclosed excerpts from my write up way back on
18th July 1997 regarding Sri Sudarsana Thathachar Swami,
Sri Srinivasa Thathachar Swami and Sri Satakopa Thathachar Swami
which appeared in the Internet sites at that time.

"Date: Fri Jul 18, 1997 5:24 pm
Subject: FACE TO FACE WITH ACHARYAS - PART II

“(16) SRI SUDARSANA THATHACHAR SWAMI (met on 27th April 1997) Another
Nonagenarian devotee of Swami Desika, he is teaching batches of Vidhyarthis
to recite Veda paying them stipends. In spite of his failing health and
falling support, he has been running with an unparalleled missionary zeal a
Veda Paaraayana Goshti with the help of a dozen Swamis most of them over 70
years of age to whom he pays a monthly honorarium of Rs.1000/- each. Sri
R.RAJAN and Sri Rajamani of Ahobila Mutt and Sri Venkatanathan (Rajan's
Son-in-law) who is a Sishya of Poundarikapuram Andavan  Asramam are all
serving as the other Trustees of the project.

(17) SRI SRINIVASA THATHACHARYA and SRI SATAKOPA THATHACHARYA (27th April
1997) The duo are the trustees of "Sri Vilakkoli Perumal, Thooppul Vedanta
Desika Nityaradhana Trust", totally devoted to Kainkaryam, they ensure
proper conduct of daily Poojas and recitals, monthly Sravanam festivals,and
Annual Vidwat Sadas at these temples”

They have requested bringing to your attention about their kainkaryams and
are seeking  your help for the same. Those who wish to help this noble cause
may kindly contribute their mite as stated in the note of Sri C.G. Balaji
Swamin.
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy