Re: Japam Vidhi Clarification

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 20, 2000

Dear members,
   In this regard I came across the following slokam from a book
of sandhyAvandhanam. This slokam is mentioned in the preface of
this tamizh book. The slokam is as follows:

   anAmikA madhyadhESAth adhO vAmakramENa cha |
   tharjanI mUla paryantham japasyaivam krama: karE ||
                      - dEvI bhAgawatham 26.a.18.19.su

   This slOkam means "one should start counting from the middle
rEkai of one's ring finger and go clockwise counting each rEkai
and end at the bottom rEkai of the index finger thus completing
10 japa".

   Warm regards,
   chandrasekaran.