You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : November 1999

Significant days

From: Mani Varadarajan (mani_at_be.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 15:11:26 PST

Dear Bhagavatas,

These days are festive ones for us. On Monday/Tuesday
of this week fell Tiru Kaartikai, also known as the
Kaartikai Deepotsavam.  On the same day was the
tirunakshatram of our beloved "Kaliyan", Tirumangai
Alvar.  The next day (Wednesday according India time)
is Kaartikai Rohini, the tirunakshatram of our
Paananathan (Tiruppaan Alvar).

Let us cherish the memory of these two saints by
reflecting on their contributions this week.

Members are requested to write articles on the
significance of the Kaartikai Deepotsavam.

Ramanuja Daasan
Mani