Sri Agnihothram Thathachariar

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 10, 1998

Dear Sri Sudarsan Parthasarathy :
What a coincidence ! Sri AgnihOthram
RaamAnuja Tatachar is very much alive .
I offered my praNamams to him on October 16
at his home in West Mambalam .
He is the Acharyan for my sister and knows our family for
number of decades.
He is one of the rarest AchAryas , who has
strived all hislife for Vedams and their
intrepretation .He just released a book
on Hindu Marriage ceremony(Vedic part)
 and gave the first copy to my sister to pass it on to me.
He has so many manuscripts that need
publishing on Yajnams and our Vedic lore .
He can not see very well anymore to write.
There is the lady , possibly the one referred to
who comes every day and takes dictation
to capture the enormous wisdom and record
them for future . He is no longer able
to travel due to surgery from diabetes.
He is one of the very rare scholars ,
whom you would cherish knowing and
calling him your AchArya and support
some of his service to Sri ViashNavism
and Hinduism and its Vedic roots .
You have to hurry up though , if you
wish to have sambhandham with thsi AchArya .
As you know, Agnihothram Swami belongs to
the Thirukkudanthai TatachArs , who
originally came from Kanchi ( Koti KannikAdhAnam
TatachAr Vamsam ). They are great performers of
Yajnam .

My sister lives in the street next to him
and can help as needed to introduce you .
Best wishes ,
V.Sadagopan