Re: Digest bhakti.v002.n383

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 28, 1997

Thanks for your reply.  I have sent a similar information based on the tradition I knew
about.  I am not a well read person with respect to the philosophy.  However,
I am somwhat familiar with some practices regarding utsavams in perumal koil.
We have put some of those practices and traditions in Sri Venkateswara Temple
in Aurora Illinois.  I hope you had occasion to read about Balaji Abhishekam on
first Sundays of every month.

Once I am extending invitation for Sri Vaishnava Bhaktas to join us this
year during Adhyayanotsavam.  In reply to your question, to the best
of my knowledge, this is the first time Ahyayanotsavam is celebrated
in this country.  We are not reciting all the 4000 pAsurams.  We have selected
about 1400 of these for the five days between Dec 30th to January 3rd.

The program includes the following.

Dec. 30:  Amalanadhipiran, Adaikkalappattu, Upadesaratnamalai, Iyarppa Satu
	murai pAsurams.
Dec. 31: Mudal,  Irandam, Moonram Tiruandadis, Periyazhwar Tirumozhi, Mudal
                Pattu.
Jan 1, 98. Because of Muttangi Seva to Lord Srinivasa on January first only the
                 following will be recited on this day.
                Periyazhwar Tirumozhi, irandm, moonram, nAlAm, and AnjAm Pattukkal

Jan 2,      Tiruppavai, Nacchiar Tirumozhi, PerumAl Tirumozhi and Tirucchanda Viruttam.

Jan 3rd. TirumAlai, Kanninum sirutthAmbu, Siriya Tirumadal and IrAmanuja NooRRandadi.

	Because January 3rd is the conclding day, it was decided to include Siriya
	Tirumadal and IrAmanuja NoRRandadi following many traditions to conclude
	prabhandam recitations with these two prabhandams.

              After sAtturmurai, selected desika stotra mala will be recited each day.

	These stotras include:  Bhagavadyana Sopaanam, Dasavatara Storam,
	Gopala Vimsatihi, Goda Stuti, Hayagreeva Stotram and Raghuveera Gadyam.

	On January 2nd in the evening session mukundamAla is being recited as
	an exception.

	We have prepared copies of prabhandams in Tamil, marked appropriately to
	indicate where reciters stop and continue the recitaiton in Goshti format.  This
	will be made available to those who want to participate.  If all those who want
	accommodation during this period and who want to participate, please contact
	me (Raghavan) in this email address. (Vatsan @flash.net) or by phone (847-548-7015) or
	call Dr Krishnamachari at (630-355-2848).

Thanks.

Venkatesa Dasan.
Raghavan