Re: Free spirit and respect

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 25, 1997

Dileepan wrote:
> Please allow me to present a different dichotomy; if the choice is
> between free spirit of enquiry which includes characterizing learned
                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> scholars as intellectually lazy, not digging deep, and studying
> superficially, etc. on the one hand, and on the other, service
> to bhagavthaas even at the expense of brahmma jnyana, I will
> choose the later without a moment of hesitation.

This is obviously referring to my post.  Do I need to clarify
that I meant nothing of the sort that Dileepan has apparently
accused me of?  How would I even dare accuse someone such as
devout and learned as Sri Uttamur SwamigaL of such things?

I don't think I made any such kind of veiled attacks -- if I
have done so, please point out which learned scholar I have
accused of these things and I will apologize. These kind of
innuendos that are becoming more and more common among
members of our group.  This is not a good trend, particularly
among Sri Vaishnavas.

Pardon me for introducing a personal note of discomfort
in this bhAgavata goshTi.

Mani