You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : November 1997

Discussion of apachara

From: Parthasarati Dileepan (Dileepan_at_utc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 25 1997 - 10:02:38 PST

Without getting into the merits of the present case, is it not important
for a Sri Vaishnava to be aware of what constitutes bagavath and
bahagavatha apachara?  If this is not so our poorvacharyas would not have
covered these topics.  It is doubtful that a sincere Sri Vaishnava aspirant
will be driven away if possible apacharas are pointed out.  One of the 5
angas of prapatti is praatikoolya varjanam.  How are we to learn about what
these are unless we permit discussions regarding "Moksha Virodi Swarupas?"
Free spirited enquiry includes learning about these.

- adiyEn