From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 1, 1996

Dear Members of the Bhakthi group :

Both Sri Jaganathan in the note below and
Sri Srinivasa of Cincinaati in a separate
note to me clarified a point that I had
jumped over for brevity, when I was referring to
Yezharai Naattu Sani(7-1/2 year time ) . Sri Srinivasa"s
observations are as follows :

" The Sani Dasa and the seven and half year's
transit are different -- Sani Dasa is for a fixed
period of 19 years( I do not know the exact
duration ). 7-1/2 sani occurs for a Rasi,when
the Saturn enters the zodiacal sign previous to
the Rasi . Saturn approximately stays 2-1/2
years in each zodiacal sign . So , the 7-1/2
years Sani period ends after Saturn leaves the zodiacal
sign next to rasi.

For example , Kumbha Rasi natives are runnig 7-1/2 years
Sani . For Kumbha Rasi People , the sade sati (as North Indian
astologers call it ) started from 1990 or 1991."