Re: 108 Divya Desam Project

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 15, 1995

Dear Members of the Prapatti Group:

I am forwarding as per the request of Sri Dileepan a posting that he
was kind enought to send to me.He has indeed done an excellent analysis of
the tasks to be undertaken by all of us. I will be more than happy to
work closely with Sri Dileepan and all of the  volunteers to work on this
project, which comes about once in one"s life time.

I am thrilled to see the enormity of the response from all of you and
offer of help in collecting material for the story board. As in the case
of any presentation material , CONTENT and BALANCE are the key factors
to realize a Quality CD ROM.

All of those familiar with Video know that there are two problems in
including them in CD ROMs.One is the hogging of Memory and the other
is the Jerkiness of the Video in the absence of the MPEG type of
assistance. Hence, I agree that , we shall use VIDEO sparingly.
the 630 MB of CD ROM will also be eaten up by Audio files. A Judicious
selection is absolutely essential.

THE FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS IS TO KNOW , WHO WILL VOLUNTEER FOR WHAT.
Good suggestions have been made regarding the sources .Please send material
or lend them to Sri Dileepan. I will be in close touch with him. We want
every value-add, we can get from our fellow members. This project is
not my or Sri Dileepan"s project. It is a Bhagavat Kainkaryam for all of us.
It will take time to assemble the material, organize the content ,             proof read written
 proof read material, etc.

As December and January season is about to dawn on Us, may we request the
India bound members to take the photos, collect materials and forward them
to Sri Dileepan, who has kindly agreed to hold the  archives for this
project.

This summer, I went thru the steps of making a CD ROM as a part of my
NYU digital multimedia center project. Based on that  experience, i know
enormity of work to be done. We are all volunteers and therefore, it
is going to take a little longer than professional companies. When
the time comes to "burn in" the CD Rom, we would have to approach a
professional producer to do the Lingo Or Multimedia programming
to  link the content.If HTML will do, we need volunteers there too.
IN SUMMARY, WE ALL HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER AS NEEDED TO MAKE PROGRESS
ON THIS PROJECT. LOOKING FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU ALL IN WEEKS TO COME.
PLEASE SEND IN YOU RCOMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON THE CONTENTS OF THIS
POSTING .THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.
V.SADAGOPAN