Fwd: Re:reply to mail by shrikrishna akhilesh on 20 nov 2002

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 27, 2002

 vmkrishna26  wrote:Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:31:21 -0000
From: "vmkrishna26"
To: bhakti-list-owner@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re:reply to mail by shrikrishna akhilesh on 20 nov 2002

this is in reply to mail by shrikrishna akhilesh which says...

> I agree that one does not perform puja in the reclining position
> (logical). But... can't Sri Vishnu do this? I have actually had the
> privilege of visiting this Divya Desam (Thiruvanantapuram), and
remember
> the pose of the Lord and it's relation to the Siva Linga.

1) generally a temple exists for the deity who is being worshipped,
and not for the worshipper( it is equally applicable to any vishnu or
shiva temple).....so in this contest, the temple is a vishnu temple
and not a shiva temple. Hence your contention that vishnu is
worshipping siva doesn't arise at all.

2)The town is known as thiruvananthapuram, which also proves that it
is purely a vaisnava shrine.

3) in this shrine lord vishnu is in reclining posture with his hand
above siva linga...This implies that he is blessing the siva linga
and is not worshipping it.

The third point doesn't intend to offend anyone, but just present the
other side of the coin...

Rgds
Murali krishna