Re: [ADMIN] Moderation duties

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 21, 2002

Dear Members:

I had been helping SrI Mani on a couple of occasions for a day or two
at a time, but the attached mail was a surprise when I saw it.
However, I had told Mani that I will step in to do the best I can, if
he needed my time.  So now it is my turn to ask you for all the help
you can give in making me tide through this hopefully very short-term
assignment with bhagavAn's Grace.  I am reminded of svAmi deSikan's
dayA Satakam Slokam "ahmapi aparAdha cakravartI tvam ca guNeshu sArva
bhaumI".  Mani is one extreme in his knowledge of our sampradAyam and
SAstra-s, and on the other extreme, I am equally great, or even
superior, in my lack of knowledge.  So in a sense we are equals, just
as svAmi deSikan has said:  the most sinful is the king of sins, and
pirATTi is the Queen of all kalyANa guNa-s, but since both are chiefs
in their areas, they can be considered equals.

I sincerely hope and pray that SrI Mani is freed of his other
commitments very soon, and can resume his irreplaceable moderator
role soon.

-Krishnamachari