Re: Fwd: Details on Kanchipuram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 8, 2002

Dear SrIman Srivatsa :

I have forwarded your query to two BhakthAs ,
who are very knowledgable about Kanchi and
environs.They would be able to answer your question
regarding the lodgings at Kaanchi . Typically,
many  stay at Madras and take day  trips to Kaanchi
inspite of the fact that such an arrangement requires a car
and crimps the programs due to Koil Kaalams. It is much
nicer to spend a few days since there are atleast 18
Dhivya dEsams and other AchArya KshEthrams at Kooram
(SrI KooratthAzhwAr ) , ThUppul ( Swamy  Desikan)
and SrI RaamAnujA ( SrIperumbhUthUr)near by.

I will pass on the recieved input to you.

V.Sadagopan

P.S: You should be able to rest at SrI Ahobila Matam
at Sannidhi Street , Kanchi with Family and offer
a SamarpaNam for prasAdhams and Overnight stay.
This is if you prefer not to stay in a hotel.