Re: Fwd: Re: kamba rAmAyanam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 2, 2002

Dear SrI Mani Varadarajan:

SrI Selva nampi of ThirukkOttiyUr
is generally  recognized as the AchAryan
of PeriyAzhwAr prior to the time he was
commanded by the Lord to go to the Madhurai
King's sabha to establish NaarAyana Parathvam.

PeriyAzhwAr until then was not tutored in
VedAs and Upanishads . He was just doing Maalaa
Kaimkaryam at SrIvilliputthUr. Due to Vada Perum Koil
UdayAn's anugraham and anupravEsam , He was able to
win over great  scholars and performed the kaimkaryams
that he alludes to in the Paasuram that you referred to.
This is my understanding . Other bhakthAs are requested to
comment.

V.Sadagopan