You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : November 2001

RE: [SriRangaSri] Fwd: A question on Swami Desikan's biography

From: Sriram Ranganathan (srirangan_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 16:37:16 PST

Dear Members,

>Could the period he spent in Satyakaalam be regarded as a relatively
>infertile phase in his life when his otherwise prodigious capacity to
>turn out creative output shifted to a lower gear?

Interesting question. Although it appears he did not compose (m)any openly,
I guess he probably continued his works secretly to avoid unnecessary
attention from the marauding Muslim forces. Sri AbheetiSthavam might be just
one such.

Therefore, my take is it was a tactical decision by Swami Desikan to
temporarily limit 'publishing' and maintain a low profile, while
contemplating/researching for his later works, planning for setting- up Sri
ParaKala Matam, bringing up Sri Sudarasana Suri's sons, etc.

Respectfully,
Sriram