RE: haygreeva priya

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 5, 2001

Dear Mr.Rangarajan :

What a shock it is to read your thoughtless
and offensive note ! One can not let your
note unanswered because of the gravity
of your offense !

You are offending a whole lot of bhakthAs
with great reverence to our SampradhAyam .
I am not sure you understand the impact
of your careless statement.

I think you do not really mean what you said ,
when you attributed Motives to those , who reminded
you of a fact that the annual subscription is
Rupees 50 and this issue can not be sent to you for
the price of 5 Rupees as an isolated request.

Sriman Karamchedu has already referred to
the items you can buy in India or here for 5 or 50 Rs.
I assume that you have some idea of the cost of paper ,
printing and postal charges for creating such a magazine,
even if we forget a moment the unique nature of
this and similar publications ( Sri Nrusimha priyA
et al).

Sriman Rajeev Karamchedu and Sri Sriram Ranganthan
have already answered you appropriately . One does not
know whether one should laugh or cry over your
arrogance  , pomposity and ignorance.

Your remarks are  egotistic and filled with
ignorance about the status of the various Matams ,
their traditions , struggles and the depth of
affection and reverence that the sishyAs of the matam
have for their AchArya paramparai.

I had the good fortune of recieving the copy of
the special issue that you are carping about.
Yes , it is marked Rs.5.00 like other issues.
It is in actuality worth its weight in gold.

The illustrious origin of ParakAla matam ,
the Aaraadhana Moorthy , Sri Lakshmi HayagrIvan
there worshipped by AchArya RaamAnujA and
Swamy Desikan , the great AchAryAs who have
protected the sampradhAyam 600 plus years
are outside your radar , it seems.

This wonderful and rare issue of 175 pages
contains gems of contributions from great scholars
on a single theme that is important to all
Sri VaishNavAs (Viz): the glory of MahA Lakshmi
as celebrated in VedAs, Upanishads, IthihAsams ,
PurANams , PaancharAthra Aagamam , VaikAnasa Aagamam ,
Dhivya Prabhandham , Sri Sookthis of Swamy AlavanthAr,
RaamAnujar , KooratthAzhwAn , Swamy ParAsara Bhattar ,
Eedu , nadAdhUr AmmAL and Swamy Desikan .It is
a collector's item .

This golden issue with the wonderful image of
Sri Lakshmi HayagrIvan on the cover is a reference issue
distilling the essence of knowledge about
the SrI Tatthvam from leading scholars
of Sri VaishNavam from many AchArya paramparais .
One can not even begin to understand the depth of
articles and the PramANams that they have assembled.

In this context, your gripe is so absurd that
I find it very difficult to go on explaining
this to you . It is almost like putting a garland
of fragrant flowers before a person, who has no
sense of smell. It is like asking a blind person to
appreciate a beautiful piece of sculpture or
a marvellous drawing or  a beautiful  ArchA
Moorthy.

Please do not hurt BhakthAs devoted to
their AchArya Paramparais through your careless
and offensive choice of words . I do not think
you will know what you will do with this issue
even if it was presented to you gratis.

The least you can do is to go to Mysore ParakAla
Matam and fall at the feet of Sri Lakshmi HayagrIvan
and Srimath Abhinava VaagIsa Brahma Tanthra Svathanthra
ParakAla MahA Desikan  , the current PeetAdhipathi
and seek their pardon for your gross apachAram .

V.Sadagopan