Re: [srivenugopala] Srimath Azhagiya Singar's approaching 75th Birthday completion celebration (Nov 26): Vedic Reflections NavAham (Nine days of salutation based on the Seventh canto Manthrams ): (fwd)

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 5, 2001

Dear Sri Ramanuja :

It is most welcome that you added the corrections
in intrepretations for four of the 12 attributes
of BahgavAN narasimhan . I welcome your corrections .
Any time in future, please feel free to catch any
mistakes .Thanks in advance.

I was distracted by the derivative meanings and
lost sight of the literal meanings here.

Additional comments on the four items:

(4) AanandhAvahathvam : Yes," Aavaha " means to invoke
or produce or create or bring forth. We say Sriman NaarAyaNam
aavAhayAmi.Sri Sooktham passages are other
instances (e.g)., ThAmm ma aavaha jaathaVedhO
LakshmIm-anapagaminIm , SooryAm HirNmayeem LakshmIm
JaathavEdhO ma Aavaha".

In addition to the time of His avathAram , even today
the darsana SoubhAgyam of MalOlan produces in us
waves of aanandham/bliss in us.

(5) Ina Koti sankAsathvam : Yes, Ina refers to Sooryan.
Saint ThyagarAja addresses Lord Ramachandran as "Ina
Kula TilakA " Back of my mind , I had the Vedic
word , Yenam or Yenasam (Agam/Paapam )meaning sins in
the back of my mind , when I translated and rushed
to the non-literal translation . You are absolutely
right in your correction. My apologies.

(9) Aghatitha GhatanA SaamArhtyam : Swamy NammAzhwAr's
ThiruvAimozhi (VI.3) on Sri ThiruviNNagarappan is all about
the eulogy to this unique saamarthyam of the Lord .
Here Swamy NammAzhwAr pays tribute to the Lord's
saamarthyam in being inside polar opposites . I stay
with this view .

(10) The mix up betwen Sadhya and Sathya was unfortunate.
Thanks for pointing it out. Lord NarasimhA's aavirbhAvam
is SadhyOjjAtham indeed !

I welcome any comments/corrections that you make
and request you to make them. Thanks again ,
V.Sadagopan