Re: Thirumangai Mannan's Dhivya Prahandhams

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 5, 2001

Dear Sri Venkatesh:

Thanks very much for your note .
Thirumangai and His dhivya Prabhandhams
are worthy of deep reflection all the days
of our lives. I am sure that BhakthAs will
inhale these dhivya prabhandhams once
again and reflect on them and share
their sweet anubhavams.

There are also a lot of archival material
on His Prabhandhams and life . Each of the six
aruLiccheyalkaLs have been covered there (Bhakthi
List ) by number of BhakthAs .

The most recent release extolling His Vaibhavam
and the glory of His dhivya Sookthis is the set
of twin tapes on the Lives and works of the 12 AzhwArs
released by the International RaamAnujA Society .

You may wish to acquire those 3 hour long tapes for
your enjoyment .

It is some what surprising that BhakthAs interested
in learning more about the lives and divine works of
our 12 AzhwArs have not shown more interest in acquiring
some of these educational materials prepared in English
for reaching out to a wider audience . The International
RaamAnujA Society will continue to bring out these
Audio and CD ROM releases and leave the rest at
the hands of Sriman NaarAyaNan.

AzhwAr , AchAryan ThiruvadigaLE saraNam ,
V.Sadagopan

 aAt 08:51 AM 11/4/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear Bhagavathas,
>
>Adeiyen has a request .In less than a month the last of our Alwars
Thirumangai Mannan's Thirunatshatram is coming (30th Nov).Adeiyen requests
the scholars (like Sadagopan swami, Shri Sadagopan Iyengar, Sriman Sudarshan
,Shri Madhavakannan ,Shri Balaji ,Shri Hari and others whom I might have
missed) to write about this great Alwar and the divya desams he visited and
his paasurams on each divyadesam.This great Alwar has written more than 1200
paasurams and the combined effort of all the scholars of this group can make
the task of enjoying his paasurams and anecdotes linked with Him, slightly
easy .