Re: How to identify a true bhAgavatha?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 30, 2001

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:
Dear SrI Srikanth,

I empathise with your sentiments. Do not feel hurt and bad about another
Srivaishnava's remarks.

No doubt we can not tolerate any disparaging remarks on our AchAryan. Our
AchAryan is the walking God on earth. But if some Srivaishnava (about whom
we have high regards) makes such a statement, all that we need to do (us,
being Srivaishnavas too) is to pray to the Lord and to our AChAryan seeking
Their forgiveness.. on this person.

But at no point of time, let us commit BhAgawatha apachAram by avoiding any
kaimkaryam / service to him (which we have been doing). It is hi praarandha
karmA that makes him speak such manner; and ours to listen to such
statements. All is Bhagawath sankalpam.

We need to only remind ourselves of PeriyAzhwAr's line.. pEsuvaar adiyAr
emthammai viRkavum thuNindhavargaL..

Alternatively, if you know him well, you may give your piece of mind sharing
your hurt feelings.
Regards
Narayana Narayana
NarayaNa dAsan madhavakkannan