Re: Q: Basic tenets of srI Vaishnavism - And its applicability today.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 21, 2000

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:39:53 -0600 Pattangi wrote:

 srimathE rAmAnujAya namaha

> Because we are deailing with kids between 16 to 25 years of age fully
> immersed in this so called "US Culture" they have questions
>
> 1. Why do we do this.
> 2. What do we get out of this.
>
> Sometimes I find the need for Marketing approcah, and give them the
> message in sugar coated capsules.
>

> e.g:	Tiruvaradhanam, offer food to god before eating, have faith in Lord

> Sriman Narayana, Devotion etc etc.
>

> How are these Tenets applicable today: (to the person immersed with
> Student
> life & Regular work)
> Students have the Q's : I have homework & projects due, How is all this
> going to help me today?
> Those who work say: I have deadlines to meet & take care of Projects: How

> is all this going to help me today?

Dear Sriman Mukundan,

Namskaram.

Infact, worshipping Lord Sri Venkateswara is the most practical solution to
many many problems in life. Worshipping Srimannarayana is the one and only
one way to do anything in a better manner (as all oher ways including
personal efforts for personal success are either useless or circuitous).

We can always tell people who ask such questions that worshipping emberumAn
 makes them much more efficient in their studies and/or projects.
I was a student writing exams till April 1998. I used to pray more at the
time of exams for a grand success and it always clicked. Now only I am
slowly realising the imp of kainkaryam, by God's divine grace.

Our Lord is the Lord of both the Vibhutis and and those seeking success in
this world also have to invariably pray to Him, which will not only ensure
success in this world but also liberate us from here. Praying to Perumal
does yield many many material benefits.

dAsAnudAsan
vishnu

AzhwAr EmberumAnAr Jeeyar ThiruvadigalE saranam

http://www.iitian.com : An Extraordinary place for Extraordinary people