Re: FW: ghanda berunda(About Ahobilam)

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 1, 2000

sri:
srimathe rAmAnujAya namaha:

Dear Bhaktas,

Sri Mohan Sagar wrote:

>Then The lord  went up to Garuda:dri and stayed on a Ka:nuga Tree along with
>Goddess Lakshmi. He, the Lord invited Maya
>the mystic engineer of
>De:vas and instructed him to construct a town there and that became
>"Aho:bilam" at a later period. This is from that scripture. There is no other
>details available about this.

First of all, Ahobilam was not 'constructed' by maya. Ahobilam along with
Tirupathi and Sri Sailam form a range of hills
(viz.,Garudadri,Venkatadri,Narayanadri, Anjanadri, Vrishabadri et al). The
hills are the Body of Adi Sesha and were *clearly* not contructed by maya or
anyone else. For more details of Ahobilam and it's sthala purAnam please visit;

http://www.ahobilamutt.org/temples/ahobil/ahobil.html

About Ghanda Berunda:

Since childhood I have heard that it is a mystical creature which has no
connection with Lord Narasimhar and it was found in Melukote.I will post on the
'ghanda berunda' and it's connection to Melukote soon.

Thanks and Regards,

adiyEn mAlOla narasimha dAsan,

mAlOlan cadAmbi.