Re: CLARIFICATION

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 17, 1999

Balaji Venkateshan wrote:
> but i think  that married women belonging to sri vaishnava community
> wearing jeans pant is the biggest problem which needs to be tackled in
> a big way.

Balaji,

If the biggest problem you can think of with modern
society is women wearing jeans, I think you should
seriously reexamine your priorities.

By the way, before counselling women about their
garments, I hope you are setting a good example
by counselling men to wear panca-kaccham and 12
thirumaN everyday, including to work. I also hope
you are following the same.

But, to get back to reality, there are far more
pressing issues than people, women or men, abandoning
traditional clothing.  In fact, this should be the
least of our worries, as these are mere external
symbols of tradition; without the internal, these
are meaningless.

Mani